We are looking for people who are skilled in textile hand craft to get involved in the project. We would like to do this on a mutual aid basis. We can provide you with studio space, access to equipment, use of our shop and market stall etc.
We are looking for artisans to work with us. This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic and stimulating weaving studio environment.
We offer volunteer opportunities to people who are passionate about textiles and are skilled in one or more of the following processes;
- Provide support to adults with additional needs
- Support the tutors in the day to day operation of the studio
- Undertake mandatory and role specific training
The successful candidate will have:
- Skills in one or more of the following processes; carding, spinning, dying, felting, weaving or sewing.
- Experience in providing care and support to adults with additional needs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to participate in training relevant to the post
- Knowledge and ability to work with policies and procedures
- An enhanced DBS will be requested
For more information or for an application form please contact us
If you are skilled in carding, spinning, dying, felting, weaving and/or sewing and would like to share your skills with us please get in touch.
If you would like to run a workshop at Life and Loom please get in touch.